马塔戈达县医院区妇联诊所为婴儿提供营养和母乳喂养服务, children and pregnant, 产后和哺乳期妇女有患营养相关疾病的风险. Clinic services provided include:
- Nutrition classes
- Classes on how to breastfeed
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program
- Social services and medical referrals
- Referral for immunizations
- Supplemental food packages
- Individual counseling about nutrition needs and concerns
如果你是WIC的新手，想要开始，请在网上申请WIC by clicking here.
WIC provides nutrition education, nutritious foods, referrals to health and human services and breastfeeding support. Food benefits are issued for each client. 父亲和母亲都可以为他们的孩子领取和使用福利.
WIC Nutrition Education
客户接受个人营养咨询和营养课程. Many clinics offer classes especially for children.欢迎有家庭成员参加该计划的男性参加营养课程.
Some of the topics clients can learn about:
- Eating healthfully during pregnancy for mom and baby
- Infant and child nutrition — healthy foods for happy children, picky eaters, watching your child’s weight, and lots more
- How to get the most out of their food dollars
- Valuable parenting skills
- Stages of child development
- The importance of childhood immunizations
- Tips for pregnant teens
- Common infant problems, such as colic, constipation, and crying
Clients receive encouragement and instruction in breastfeeding. 在许多情况下，为母乳喂养的妇女免费提供吸奶器. WIC帮助客户了解为什么母乳喂养是婴儿最好的开始, how to breastfeed while still working, Dad’s role in supporting breastfeeding, tips for teens who breastfeed, how to pump and store breastmilk and much more.
WIC每月提供福利，可以在杂货店购买营养食品. WIC foods include iron-fortified infant formula and infant cereal, iron-fortified adult cereal, vitamin C–rich fruit and vegetable juice, milk, eggs, cheese, beans and peanut butter. Different food packages are issued to different clients. For example, 完全母乳喂养婴儿而不使用配方奶粉的母亲除了其他食物外，还会给他们提供金枪鱼和胡萝卜.
WIC将客户介绍给各种健康和社会服务机构和项目. WIC staff can help clients find these services. Some examples are:
- Food Stamps
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Child health insurance
- Family planning
- Migrant health services
- Prenatal care
- Texas Health Steps (EPSDT)
- Medical and dental services
- Early Childhood Intervention (ECI)
- Food Pantries
- Literacy Services
- Job Banks
- Housing Services
- Parenting Classes
- Drug and alcohol abuse programs
- Child care
- Child support enforcement
- The School Lunch / Breakfast Summer Lunch Program
研究表明，妇女保健在改善生育结果和控制保健费用方面发挥着重要作用. WIC has a positive impact on children’s diets. 世卫组织通过积极推广母乳喂养作为婴儿喂养的最佳方法，改进了婴儿喂养做法. 世卫组织服务对象的儿童免疫接种率有所提高，并定期获得保健服务.
- Improved infant-feeding practices
- Premature births reduced
- Fetal death rate reduced
- Low birthweight reduced
- Long-term medical expenses reduced
- Improved dietary intake
- Improved cognitive development
- Fewer premature births
Bay City WIC Clinic
3007 Avenue F
Bay City, Texas 77414
Monday, Thursday: 8 am to 6 pm
Tuesday: 9 am to 7 pm
Friday: 8 am to 12 pm
Palacios WIC Clinic
304 4th Street
Palacios, Texas 77465
Wednesday: 9 am to 5 pm
Who is eligible and who can apply?
- Pregnant women
- Women who are breastfeeding a baby under 1 year of age
- Women who have had a baby in the past six months
- Parents, step-parents, guardians, 婴儿和5岁以下儿童的养父母可以为他们的孩子申请
如果你有工作或有私人医疗保险，你仍然可以申请WIC. You do not have to be married to apply for WIC.
What about fathers?
ag亚游国际app鼓励5岁以下儿童的父亲让他们的孩子参加WIC项目. Just like any other parent or guardian, fathers can bring their children to appointments, attend nutrition classes, and receive and redeem benefits for their children. 父亲的积极参与对保持WIC儿童的健康有很大帮助.
Are services free?
- Yes! All WIC services are free to those who are eligible.
Who provides the services?
- 州卫生服务部负责德克萨斯州WIC项目，并向全州各地管理当地WIC办事处的机构提供资金. 各种机构都提供WIC服务，如地方卫生部门, county and city agencies, migrant health centers, community action agencies, and hospitals.
- There are over 300 full-time, WIC常设办事处和200多个其他兼职卫星站点, so finding a WIC clinic close to you shouldn’t be a problem.
- Meet the income guidelines. 收入等于或低于联邦贫困收入水平185%的家庭才有资格. WIC determines income based on gross income. WIC counts all of the members of a household, related or unrelated. WIC counts an unborn baby as a household member.
- Be at nutritional risk. WIC客户在WIC诊所接受初步健康和饮食筛查，以确定营养风险. WIC主要使用两类营养风险:(1)基于医学的风险，如不良妊娠结局的历史, underweight status, or iron-deficiency anemia, (2)基于饮食的风险，如不良的饮食习惯，可能导致不良的营养和健康状况. 客户将在WIC咨询这些风险以及WIC提供的营养教育和营养食品对结果的影响.
- Live in Texas. WIC clients usually receive services in the county where they live. U.S. citizenship is not a requirement for eligibility.
- Clients must apply in person except in certain limited cases.
How to Become a WIC Client:
- Are you a pregnant woman, breastfeeding a baby less than one year of age, a postpartum woman (one who had a baby within the last six months), or have an infant or a child who is less than 5 years old? If yes, call 979-245-9848
- 打电话或去诊所为孕妇预约, breastfeeding woman, postpartum woman, infant, or child less than 5 years of age.
- 在你预约的时候，带上你家庭收入或工资来源的证明文件. This applies to all members of the household. Some examples of documentation include a paycheck stub, a current tax return, a letter from an employer, a Social Security check, a child-support check, or self-employed accounting records. Applicants and certain family members who receive Medicaid, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, 或食品券自动满足收入资格，只要提供他们参与其中一个项目的可接受的证明-他们不需要提供其他收入文件.
- At the time of your appointment, 带上你的居住地和你现在的实际住址的文件, such as a utility or credit-card bill, rent receipt, or business letter.
- At the time of your appointment, 为每个申请WIC福利的人和负责该福利的成年人携带一份身份证明文件. 可以接受的身份证明文件包括出生证明, a driver’s license, an immunization card, an employee or school identification card with picture, a Social Security card, or hospital records.
- 在预约期间，申请人将接受简单的健康检查，包括身高和体重测量, a finger stick to screen for low iron, 病史和健康史以及饮食回顾和历史以确定营养风险.
- At the end of his or her appointment, 申请人将接受咨询和转介到适当的健康和人类服务, if applicable. WIC Program eligibility will also be determined. Food benefits will be provided to those eligible.
- If you have any questions about the above information, lack some item above, or have a special situation, 在你预约之前打电话或去诊所，这样工作人员就可以帮助你解决你的情况. 在您预约时未带来所有文件可能会延迟资格确定和福利. A complete screen must be done before eligibility can be determined.
如果你是WIC的新手，想要开始，请在网上申请WIC by clicking here.